www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OBD2 Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyke57nz

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: OBD2 Bluetooth Reply with quote

Hi, Couple of questions if anyone can help. What is the OBD2 Protocol for a 50th Anniversary. Does any one run a Bluetooth adaptor with an iPhone OBD2 reader. Thanks
50Def

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be really nice. Anyone?
markgw

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a generic ODB2 bluetooth reader from ebay. Not sure of the exact protocols as I left everything as "automatic".

The reader has the markings "ELM 327 Interface - supports all ODBII protocols".

Apparently, there are a lot on ebay that don't do this, or claim to and then don't work.

This item appears to be the same as the one I have:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Bluetooth-ODB2-ELM327-V1-5-Car-Scanner-Torque-Android-Auto-Scan-Tool-TYPE-C-/291721777902

I then use an app on my mobile called "Torque". This is just left to automatic but has no problem connecting and reading basic data.

I believe the custom readers go to a deeper level of fault finding, but this allows me to see engine information and read / reset error codes.
Hairy Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the same bluetooth reader as Mark and use the Torque Android app.
tyke57nz

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: OBD2 Bluetooth Reply with quote

Thanks for that, couple of lads I work with use Torque Pro one with a Toyota and the other with a Mitsi and it appears to be a user friendly app; they both have Android smartphones. From what I read you have to be careful when buying the Bluetooth unit to ensure fully compatible with the Apple iOS. At this point the Lemur Monitor BlueDriver looks as if it will be the way to go for me.
tyke57nz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Lemur Bluedriver Reply with quote

Received Lemur Vehicle Monitors Bluedriver, connected and to date impressed with its functionality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: