www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaydon Classic Land Rover Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Gaydon Classic Land Rover Show Reply with quote

It was nice to meet Romadog today at what turned out to be a very wet show at Gaydon. Hopefully it will grow year on year.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it any better than last year? I hope it grows back to what it used to be like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Romadog2004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep It was a bit damp !! Laughing

On saturday it was wet and quiet.
Good to see you too Mike, shame more weren't about.
Feel it wasn't advertised enough early on to make sure people had it in their diaries before booking other things.

Museum was good as usual. The new building was good to have a quiet mooch around.
Managed to have a look at a NAS 90 that was in the workshop. happened to see it when a door was left open Laughing

Hopefully Sunday was better ??

Needs more support to get better, apparently next year they hope to do a proper run from Solihull. This year there wasn't any parking space there, probably full of F Paces !!
MikeB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I thought I had the wrong day. It was eerily quiet when I turned up at around midday. When I bought our entry tickets I was shown down to the show area to park. I thought it would be heaving, but there was very little there, 3 or 4 club stands and an auto-jumbler. Still, a show will only grow if we support it and as Romadog says, the new building is worth a look. I guess the weather may have put people off, but I really thought there would be more displays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: