www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rough Idle - New battery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phib

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Rough Idle - New battery Reply with quote

Just thought I would post this in case this was of any help to anyone else to anyone in the future. ( I am sure many of you know this though)

My 50th has always run pretty perfectly until a few months ago, started running rough on LPG and then on petrol.

Next started to hunt / get stuck at 2,000 revs. So cleaned the stepper motor, no joy.

Then the alarm stated playing up

Then started getting flat battery

At the same time I had heated seats fitted and assumed the draw was off bad wiring on the seats

In the end because I just got frustrated with taking a battery pack everywhere with me I fitted a new battery just so I could get to the garage to have it looked at

Low and behold now new battery fitted all the above issues have gone away !!

Wish I had done it earlier

Phib
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: