www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

coming very soon GB165 freshly restored
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: coming very soon GB165 freshly restored Reply with quote

SOLD subject to the usual.

Sadly and against my will ( baby on the way ) GB165 will be up for sale shortly once Simon has put the finishing touches in place.

I will be advertising it on several forums and classifieds but for now I will leave it here and ask that anyone who is looking to buy a restored & sorted 50th please get in touch for full info.

hopefully if this link works you will be able to see the rest process and the finished article!
http://s85.photobucket.com/user/jimblowscash/slideshow/GB165%20Renovation

ex owner GB165

Last edited by jimblowscash on Thu May 19, 2016 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
andyc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read your advert on defender2, I'm sure people would like to know your asking price, £42,995.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Defendersarethebest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who is potentially interested. What sort of price are you thinking?
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defendersarethebest wrote:
I know someone who is potentially interested. What sort of price are you thinking?

As James has posted its advertised on defender2 net at £42995 if they would like to know more the by all means pm me & swap numbers I'm happy to chat to anyone.

Very cliche I know but I'm currently speaking to several people about it ( and asking if I've priced it too low ) it's coming back to Kent on Monday and I doubt it will remain for sale long, I already have people lined up to view it!

ex owner GB165
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to know what it does sell for, I would be very happy if those sorts of prices could be achieved! I don't value my GB002 that's mint with 30k miles anywhere near that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TTF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should! I am fed up with people gasping and questioning pricing. It is very simple, any market is supply and demand - the 50th market is very limited on supply and demand is constant (with the Defender market being at the strongest it has ever been right now). While other Defender models (e.g. 90 SV) may have had lower production levels, the 50th is trully unique with the V8 and auto gearbox (obviosuly there are the other unique aspects of colour, roll cage etc but they can be more easily copied). I say long may the value of these rare beasts continue in an upward trend!
Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW
1965 Series 2a 88
Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE
Toylander!
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say when you do the maths in what is a VERY buoyant defender market, something as special as a 50 SHOULD be fetching a premium anyway however..

To arrive at the sale price I have taken several things into consideration.

The value before restoration, this is simple to answer as they are only worth what people are willing to pay, I had two offers on the table before it went for restoration, by taking the average from the two offers left me with a figure of 20k

I then add the total cost of the work that has been carried out during restoration and add a nominal amount for the multipoint LPG, and stage 2 RPI work adding another 18k to the base value

Add a dash of increasing values ( 5 mins searching the web will verify this )

A splash of " I really don't want to part with it having just had it restored but cross my palm with silver and I can't refuse"

And then top it off with the fact that it is the ONLY and NEWEST Simon Durrant restored 50th for sale in the world which makes it a pretty rare beast.

So to be frank I personally think it should be priced a bit higher.. but there you have it.

The fact I've got interested parties talking to me tells me its priced right..

ex owner GB165
Defendersarethebest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, thank you for letting me know the amount, and the logic behind how you have got to the price, which I think is most sound.

Unfortunately, in terms of the person I had in mind, I know that his budget cannot stretch past the early thirties.

If I had another garage (and the money) I would buy it from you, and then sell mine.
andyc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say from speaking with Jim that it sounds like a fantastic example, which won't stay around for long and whoever buys it will get a great car.
What puddle?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being diplomatic, and not wishing to upset anyone, some 50ths appear to be going way too cheaply. Just think; you have a 50th that is worth £15,000 (you think). It's a bit tatty and needs some TLC. Let's say, for sake of argument, that you get Simon to carry out a £10,000 restore on it. It's now worth £25,000 then (you think)? No, it isn't, it's worth more. Anyone who has (what they think) is a £15,000 50th should have it restored BEFORE they sell it. Jim is acting very wisely, though whether or not it goes for his particular asking price remains to be seen. But I strongly advise everyone on here not to sell their 50th (no matter what state it's in) for less than £25,000. Why? Because, as I have just explained, a restore will cost maybe £10,000...and a properly-restored 50th has got to be worth £35,000 at least. In my opinion, 50ths were once over-priced. But now production has ceased, it's a game-changer.

I should point out that I'm not an agent, angling to get Simon more work(!), but to sell an un-restored 50th only makes sense if you (a) haven't the time to get it restored, or (b) are offered a fantastic price, even in its current state.

Now, some of you may of noticed that there is some advice on keeping cars 'factory spec' to get top money. What those advisors somehow always seem to forget is that a Defender can easily be put back to as it was. If you have the money, you could even get an engineering firm to make obsolete parts for you - like the sidesteps. My 50th has four changes that could be put back in a couple of hours. Even a soft-top 50th could be put back to its original! So don't worry about putting your mark on it. A restore can put it back to as it was (the wheels are still widely available), as I'm sure Simon would confirm.

I'm not sure what will happen to the US laws on imported cars in the future. But bear this in mind; if 50ths are allowed in, then there are going to be a lot of people here disappointed that they didn't wait to sell their 50th, and also a lot of people here who will (financially) be laughing in a few years time. They would be sold to US buyers for extraordinary amounts. I don't know if many of you are aware of the argument spawned by this video:
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/4/8/Be-Prepared-To-Pay-70-000-For-A-Land-Rover-Defender-In-The-US-7732937/
But one thing is for sure, there are a lot of people in the US who love the Defender and, should the law ever allow 50ths in, would willingly pay truly silly money for one. Being auto and air-con, the 50th really appeals to US drivers. And, of course, the Defender can easily be changed from RHD to LHD.
Defender-less - but big plans!
Adbseries3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread. Just to say I dropped my 50th to Simon today (would post a picture of the handover but way beyond my tech skills), saw Jim's as it was still there and it looks awesome. The paintwork compared to mine is really rich. I had some mods in mind but I have abandoned nearly all since seeing this as there is no need (maybe some heating elements in the seats and a Tracker...). Keeping it for the rest of my days so not concerned how much it's worth (although the wife is, as she says I'm going first). I am also not promoting Simon and Paul, but they are really nice guys too and the work from the one I have seen is super.
Finally responding to James - I think I saw 002 in a mag recently? If so also amazing and if you don't think it's worth the sums being discussed I think someone will be prepared to take the burden from you.....
SIMON DURANT GB 067

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are forgetting unrestored 50ths are in the past 6 months have been fetching 20-25k now and a full restoration depending on work required can cost 13-20k so realistically it's worth £40000+ of any ones money as you can't really restore one "PROPERLY" ( this is an important word ) for less .
The parts are getting expensive and what's not available now are bespoke hand made .

I'm unsure why people talk down prices as you all own one so surly it's a fantastic future investment .

James take your chrome lights off your 50th and she will be worth top money ( just jesting with you )
Laughing
What puddle?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, we'll have to disagree with prices on unrestored ones. I've been keeping an eye on them for some time. 242 went for £9,000 (I think), and 131 went for £13,000 (I think).

But I didn't realise that the minimum for a restoration had gone from £10k to £13k.

The sale of James' would be interesting, as it's reasonably 'as it was'. I think it would go for a restored price even though it hasn't been. I think James might be shocked...not that he'd sell it!
Defender-less - but big plans!
Defendersarethebest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry, I think that those who have recently sold unrestored 50ths for £9k/£13k, unless they are in particulaly poor condion, have severely undersold them. I bet they were snapped up very quickly at those prices by the buyers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: