www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spotted Another!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bush Tucker Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Spotted Another! Reply with quote

I called into Ripley (North Yorkshire, not the one in Derbyshire) on my way home this afternoon.

I'd been on a circular route,starting with dinner in Otley, then up to Blubberhouses & over the Byway across Pockstones Moor coming out just to the west of Stumpcross Caverns.
My main reason for calling Ripley was for one of the marvellous Ice-Creams made in the village.

As I was sitting there eating the delicious confection, my eye was drawn to a familar colour down near the Castle entrance
So camera at the raady off I wandered.
it looked very smart indeed, with not a (visible) trace of galvanitic corrosion, 'Ripon Land Rover' (main dealer) sticker the window.

PPR 859

And, yes! Rolling Eyes
I did look to see which number it was (what do you take me for??)

GB270
Ads90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's with the RR behind...
Bush Tucker Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ads90"]Looks like it's with the RR behind...[/quote]
As the text accompanying the 'www' image states, it's 'odds on' that they are registered within the same family due to the 'PPR' plates.

I go to Ripley on a fairly regular basis, but it's the first time I've seen this pair.

I went past Dave Barkers house ('LRE' journalist) on my way there & a there was a fine collection parked outside.

MMmm??
What happened to the 'quote', it's typed correctly??
Ads90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah - didn't notice the text over on the right...

That will be the Riply just north of Harrogate then?
Used to go there often 12/14 years ago when I'd take my then girlfriend up there for icecream when I visited her in Leeds - shop's on the other side of the road to the castle iirc?
Then it was back to Leeds past Harewood, round the back lanes to Bryan's chippy off the Headingly Road. Mmm - giant Cod & chips. Wonder if they still do that - piece of cod the length of your arm - had to fold it in half to get it in the newspaper!
Bush Tucker Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ads90"]Oh yeah - didn't notice the text over on the right...

That will be the Riply just north of Harrogate then?
Used to go there often 12/14 years ago when I'd take my then girlfriend up there for icecream when I visited her in Leeds - shop's on the other side of the road to the castle iirc?[/quote]
It is that Ripley, yes.
The Ice-Cream shop is still in the same place

[quote="ads90"]
Then it was back to Leeds past Harewood, round the back lanes to Bryan's chippy off the Headingly Road. Mmm - giant Cod & chips. Wonder if they still do that - piece of cod the length of your arm - had to fold it in half to get it in the newspaper![/quote]
Not been to Bryans for 'donkeys'
The 'Wetherby Whaler' (yes, in Wetherby, just off A1)) does a good sized fish as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: