www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Gaydon went..........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: How Gaydon went.......... Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who came to the club stand at Gaydon.
We had 13 , yes 13 Defender 50th on it today, was a fantastic turn out for the first club meet. Very Happy

Saturday was a nice day, weather was sunny and we had 4 car on the stand; Me, Steve (Parbs), Nick (GB004) and Sues (GB 019).
Thanks to these Guys who came on the quite day as without them doing it we couldnt have covered the stand for the weekend.

Today has been ok, a little cold at times. Was raining from about 7am to 9am but then fine all day (dont worry, mine didnt get wet, was tucked up under its cover Laughing )
We got the 8 car on the stand as planned and also we found 4 other who came in so we got them to park on the stand.
Also Adam made it so he got in and on the stand. Was quite a sight with that many 50th in one place.

Here are 2 pics i snaped, if anyone elso took photos i would love a copy as i didnt take many.

Going right to left we got, GB001, GB 002, GB004, GB008, GB019, GB209, GB278, GB310
Below just reverse the numbers.

There were 5 more in a second row behind these ones too.

Hope everyone ejoyed it, we got some great feedback.

Going to rest now!!!!!!

Best regards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Simon Whitaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James

Just like to say that the weekend and the turnout was a grand tribute to you and your hard work with www.defender50th.co.uk - your should be very pleased with the turnout - sorry I didn't make it with mine (will hard to get it back together for Eastnor !).

At least you can now say you are not the only owner to wrap theirs up with a custom cover - as you saw when we produced our custom cover for the 1/2 size Series One replica !

Great to meet some of the owners and to do a deal with Adam on variuous bits !

Very Happy Brilliant - so the 13 is the target beat next time Exclamation

Simon

50th #149 - G8 MUD
Series 1 rag top - 1958
Rebel Replica Series 1
Discovery Sport HSE
Freelander Mk1 3 door
SteveT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Gaydon Reply with quote

James - yep, and its thanks from me to you for doing the leg work to make it possible to roll up and roll in for a very pleasent day out with so many like minded people. I'm sure all who were there will say the same, and you deserve the credit - well done my friend, excellent!
SteveT
Widget

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Here here! Reply with quote

I had a great day, thanks for organising it James Very Happy . I talked myself hoarse about green laning, rust bubbles and how shiny James' chequer plate and chassis is Mr. Green .

It was a pleasure to meet such nice people too!

I bought Adam's steering wheel and have first dibs on his roofrack and Nick's stereo.

Jeremy said it didn't take me long to make it my own (muttering something about wheels and the winch)!!!! Wink

Discussed ways of getting Sue (Mrs Buckley) on the London to Brighton run, even though October 1st is our wedding anniversary (the anniversary theme might have some mileage though?). Idea

...and think we might be up for a green lane run soon too. Shocked

Finally - whilst keeping the club as informal as possible it might be nice to contribute towards the kitty for some more signage and entry fees for future events.
Building NAS style V8
Ads90

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks James for getting us together - it was great to meet people yesterday - I have managed to go to two previous events and not meet anyone!
Still quite a few 50th owners there who I must have missed - hope to say hello on future events!
This time we didn't get right around the site, as we spent most of the time chatting to folks - which made the visit even more worth while - plently more faces-to-forum-names now...

Thanks to Jonathan & Simon for your custom! Jonathan - send me that email, and I'll sort pics of the roof rack.

I've sent my pics of yesterday to you James... and I think Jonathan's suggestion of funding for club signage is a good one - we did speak some time ago of some club stickers?

It was great to finally see GB002 - and we weren't dissapointed!
We did take great delight in finding some small corrosion bubbles under the paintwork in places though - so it is a real one afterall!! (Sorry James). Laughing
PARBS

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and a big well done from us too. Nicely organised. We both enjoyed the weekend - especially Sunday when we got the chance to meet other members of the club. As it went so well - perhaps we could think about organising another club event? May have a bit of a problem convincing James to clock up some miles on GB002 though!
We go to most of the shows anyway (usually with the 110) and we are more than happy to take the 50th if everyone wants to go.

I will mail you with our photos James.
1990 110 3.5 V8
Ex MEB 130 Quadtech
PeterB

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks also, James, from Pauline and myself for inviting us to park our GB051 with the rest of you. It was great to see so many 50ths together. We hope to be at a few of the shows this year so look forward to meeting up again.

Having now found this site I will make a habit of reading it on a regular basis. Keep up the good work.
romadog2004

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent to see so many 50ths together on Sunday. Well done James for organising it and to everyone who turned up. keep it up guys .
As an ex owner it was impressive and i think other exhibitors there will have noticed as well. Dont let the Tomb Raider efforts club get any glory !!

So i'm joining Chris in the "Ex Club", but will keep you informed of sightings and the 110 50th build.
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

I will organise another event soon, depending on what everyone wants to do, i will start a new post on that soon. The London to Brighton was mentioned so that seems a good target as its another day event so easy for people to commit to.

As a couple of you mention you would like to contribute to costs i will have a think on how we can do that. A few did very kindly have a whip round and force some money on me at Gaydon.

I will also have a look into maybe a club t-shirt or polo shirt. And either a sticker or a nice little metal plaque to put on your car with the club details on.

I will post some more pics upof Gaydon soon, i got Steve and Karens, Adam i didnt recive yours?

Best regards

James
GB 002
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GB001

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Jess an I had a great day out too. It was a bit disappointing to have put in so many hours cleaning the car, for the shine to be taken off a little by the rain on the journey up, but at least I had half an excuse as to why it was not up to the standard of 002. Wink

I took a few pictures on Sunday, but I have not had a chance to have a look at them yet. I'll upload some of them later this week though.

btw, James, someone from the London to Brighton event was asking after the club details, so I gave her one of your cards.

Richard.
gb331

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed my 'very rushed' visit to the show - nice to have a chat to some of you (James - you must have shares in Autoglym!!!!). The outcome of Sunday was a decision on my first job - a 1.4 transfer box!

Greg
GB331
Widget

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gb331 wrote:
I enjoyed my 'very rushed' visit to the show - nice to have a chat to some of you (James - you must have shares in Autoglym!!!!). The outcome of Sunday was a decision on my first job - a 1.4 transfer box!

Greg
GB331

Hello and welcome. Very Happy.

I'm sure our paths crossed at Gaydon, but I'm not sure Question .
Building NAS style V8
defender50th
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Sorry been busy but here are some pics people sent me from Gaydon:

Best regards

James
GB 002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: