www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suspension Parts Lists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> About the Defender 50th
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Suspension Parts Lists Reply with quote

I don't know whether you will find these useful but here are the technical drawings with a list of the parts relevant to the 50th for the suspension.

I haven't included the shock absorbers as I'm running Koni RAID's.

They are in pdf.

Front Radius Arm Parts List

Front Spring Parts List

Rear Radius Arm Parts List

Rear Spring Parts List

A Frame Parts List

Front Anti Roll Bar Parts List

Rear Anti Roll Bar Parts List

GB 010 Katy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tyke57nz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allan, can you remember if the part numbers for the Koni Raid units are as follows as I am looking at upgrading the dampers on mine; 90-5374 Front and 90-5372 Rear. Thanks Simon
Allan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Koni Heavy Track RAID's are very good but they are very expensive. If you decide to push the speed up over rough territory they work very, very well. On road they only slightly better than standard. Bear in mind you can have 10 standard shocks for one RAID...!

In the UK they are £200 each but are supposed to be guaranteed for the life of the vehicle. Sorry I don't have the part numbers any more but they are available online.

GB 010 Katy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Allan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do a nut and bolt restoration with genuine parts excluding the cost of the springs (thanks Simon), front and rear radius arms, anti roll bars, and panhard rod is not cheap...!

It's cost me about £600 and a right headache for my LR parts man...!

Very Happy

GB 010 Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> About the Defender 50th All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: