www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll Bar Lights - cabling ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon Whitaker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Roll Bar Lights - cabling ? Reply with quote

Hi

Can anyone help who has lights fitted to the roof section of the roll bar.

What is the possibility of running the cables through the tube into the engine bay? Assuming I drill the bar by the light does the fixing plate on the wing have an exit hole in it into the engine bay or will I have to remove the roll bar and drill it?

Has anyone done this if so how?

I believe the Tombraider Defender uses the same roll bar and the cables follow the route down through the tube.

Any pointers would be great.

Cheers

Simon
Ads90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,
Mine came fitted with lights on the bar - dealer fitted from new I was told - the cables are just zip-tied to the bars, all in black and around the back so you just don't notice that they are there.
I had to remove the lights so I could fit in a car park that I have to use a couple of times a month but have left the wiring on in case I or any future owner wants to replace them, so I can take photos of the cable route as is if you want?
Also, the lights are boxed and looking for a good home if you want them?
Cheers,
Adam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: